I’ve officially entered the blogosphere!
Hello friends! My hubby has talked me into joining the masses of bloggers out there. I’ve been mulling this over for several weeks- What will I talk about? Who will want to read it? What purpose will it serve? Here are the answers I’ve come up with…
- I’ll talk about whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment
- I’m hoping that this blog will appeal to moms and women who are in the trenches of marriage and parenting
- I’d like to start a dialogue that will draw others closer to God, exchange parenting tips and ideas, find a sympathetic ear when it’s just been one of those days, and hopefully find that in writing I’m also growing. As a wife, mom, and women of God.
I’ve titled my blog “gaining MOMentum” because that’s where I am today- five years into marriage and less than two years into mothering- I’m just now finding my stride and I’m still picking up speed. I’m only at the beginning of the rest of my life- I have a long journey ahead (or so I hope!) and I want to do it well. I want to hear God say “Well done good and faithful servant” on the day I meet him face to face. I want to parent my children intentionally- with grace and wit and humor and patience. I want to love my husband wholeheartedly and build a marriage that reflects Christ’s relationship with the church. I want those around me to be better people for knowing me. I want to be a good friend and neighbor. A diligent worker. A faithful daughter and sister. I want this blog to turn into a community of support and encouragement and joy and growth. Not just for me, but for you.
So this is where I’m starting. I’m putting myself out there and only time will tell what it will look like. If you’ve ever read anything I’ve ever written you know that I tend to use too many exclamation points and …s when I write. I have an irritating habit of typing hte instead of the. (Hopefully I’ll catch all of those.) I also tend to brag about my kids- I’ll do my best to restrain myself, but I really like them. I’m still trying to figure out how to set up the look I want and get my links to link and all that fun stuff, but in the meantime… thanks for joining me on the journey!
No related posts.
- Juarez update
- Juarez (1)
- Don’t Make Me Count To Three! (2)
- Blind Hope (1)
- Communication (2)
- the post in which I alienate most of my readers (6)
- Beautiful (3)
- The Marriage Prayer
- A living testimony
- Simplicity (2)